Tuesday 6 November 2012

Before & After: 'hotel chic' inspired bedroom


Heralding back to my marketing days, it has to be said that the end result of a project is very much defined by the client's brief. This summer I received a brief to transform a dark, dated and somewhat drab bedroom into a modern one that screams hotel boudoir chic. Although the scope of the brief was wide in terms of colour, pattern and design the client was adamant that my design incorporated large bedside tables, a substantial headboard, plenty bedside lighting and that the floor must not be carpeted, due to the client's husbands' dust allergy.

Below are the before and after shots of the bedroom. My client is over the moon with the outcome and having put in lots of hard graft herself by painting some second hand pieces of furniture as well as wallpapering and painting the room, I really think she should be. I'm so pleased with how this room has come together. Another bonus is that my client's husband is now sleeping better and isn't suffering with so much of a tight chest thanks to replacing the old carpet with Quickstep laminate flooring. Yay!

Before - dark & dreary fitted cupboards

Before - the room felt cramped & dark
Oversize custom made headboard with pink velvet buttons & glam, pearlescent striped wallpaper

Huge bedside tables & plenty of lighting choices for night time reading

Up-cycled second hand dresser, painted with Little Greene paint & glass fuschia knobs from Bombay Duck

Pretty co-ordinated curtain accessories, curtain fabric Casadeco Shetland range

Quickstep laminate flooring for a breathe-easy night's sleep (end of bed rug still to be delivered)

Would you agree that I answered my client's brief? I hope you like the end result styled by me *smile*

www.homerestyler.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment