Wednesday 12 September 2012

Before & After: yellow, grey & white living area

Good morning, I hope you are having a good day so far today. I'm feeling all energised and smiley today after a lovely few days celebrating my birthday but am on serious detox after way too much delicious food and bubbles...well until my weekend away at my best friends house this weekend that is hee hee!

Enjoying birthday bubbles & wearing yellow!

Enough about me. Last week I posted some pictures of gorgeous things I had found to style my living area in our rented house and today I would like to share with you how I have pulled the look together to create my yellow + grey + white living space. I am delighted with the outcome.

The space looks fresh and bright but cosy and welcoming, ready for the cold months that lie ahead. As I mentioned before in my post 'How to decorate & style your rented home' you really can personalise a space without making any major changes to a room and without spending a fortune. I love my yellow ceramic bird knobs (one of them was unfortunately broken but the online shop where I bought them, Mit Hus, has very kindly offered to send me two free replacements. They have sold out of yellow but are going to send me two black replacements, which will also work brilliantly with my scheme).

Here are a couple of 'before' snaps I took with my phone camera before we moved in;

Living room blank canvas before

Living room & study area before


Cosy seating area after

Funky wallpaper & new knobs

Cosy reading corner & big blooms

Little touches

I have hung lots of mirrors to bounce the light around the space

Minimal, fresh & light working space

Looking thru the cubby hole into the living room


Tweet tweet

Simply dressed sideboard in the kitchen
I hope you like what I have done so far. I am so excited about getting my roman blinds so when they are ready and in place, hopefully within 3-4 weeks I'll post some piccies of those too. Let me know your thoughts and what you might have done differently.

Take care and I hope you've got your cosy knits and winter boots out, I think Summer is officially over. Bring on the hot chocolate *smile*

www.homerestyler.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment