Thursday 10 November 2011

Inspiring festive creations

I've just written my next article for Exeter Express & Echo and it's all about setting the scene at home for Christmas. I wrote about making your own advent wreath and I remember last year when I talked about advent, that the advent wreath isn't something that is that big in the UK and I would very much love it to be. Being half-German, I am very lucky to have a German perspective on all things Christmas. They go in for decorations in a big way and have some beautiful ideas for making your home festive. Today I would like to share with you a selection of inspiring ideas for making your own advent wreath from one of my favourite German websites / magazines Living at Home.

Funky, modern take. The numbers could be re-used for birthday decorations


Traditional with obligatory nuts, cinnamon sticks & orange slices


Classic, hanging option for real impact & wow factor


A mediterranean, outdoor option for your doorstep


Whimsical, fairytale, vintage look



Quick, easy, & cheap modern version


Red, white, silver & on-trend

The options are endless, your imagination is your only limit, so get creative! Do share your creations, email them to Home Restyler and I will share them on the blog.

www.homerestyler.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment