Thursday 20 October 2011

Chop, chop, chop - working outdoors

Before I show & tell my latest furniture restyle, I'd love to show you what I've been up so far today as my morning's workplace was a bit different to normal. I started off wrapped up in my cold weather gear & boilersuit to take on a load of tree slices that needed de-barking and sanding. Good job, I'm not precious about my fingernails and don't mind the off slice or two across my hands...(a nickname of mine that has always stuck is Klutzenietz, because I really can be a total klutz at times!)... as three hours wielding a chisel and hammer has not done my hands any favours. But it's all worth it as it's all in aid of creating some rustic looking decorative pieces to sell next weekend at the Contemporary Homemade Fair in Exminster. Here's some photos of where I got busy with my tree stumps.


In my workshop
Been having fun wheeling the barrow!
Getting back to nature




I'll post some photos of the final creations soon...I've only got just over a week to finish them all eek!

www.homerestyler.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment