Thursday 18 August 2011

Stylish, fun & practical things for little ones

The rainy day today got me thinking about kids. Kids in the summer holidays. Rainy holidays.
"Mum, I'm soooo bored."
"When's it going to stop raining?"
"What are we going to do today?"...

I don't have children of school age but I do have a toddler who keeps me on my toes, so today I'd like to share with you two delightful things I have come across recently that really are unique.

One is the quirkiest soft toy I have EVER seen, the concept of which is so utterly brilliant I think it should be a big hit.

The other is a totally brilliant idea for a cot that is so simple yet ingenious.


StuffYourDoodle

 This is ingenious, really it is.


Basically you send your child's doodle to Lucy Moose, who then uses recycled fabrics to make a stuffed figure of that exact design. Simple, unique and brilliant. 


What a great gift for creative kids, their own stuffed toy designed by themselves! For more info check out www.stuffyourdoodles.com



Rockid

For all of you who have had children, you will grasp why this is such a great concept immediately. Remember those nights when you desperately wanted to get your little one off to sleep and sat there gently rocking them in your arms? This is a great solution for heavy arms / wanting to rock yourself to sleep / wanting to exit the room once the baby is asleep but without waking them when you put them down...A rocking chair and cradle in one.


While softly swinging the rocking chair and reading a book or singing a lullaby, the baby falls asleep. When the baby outgrows the cradle, it is possible to reconstruct the rockid into a rocking chair. The chair was created by two designers Nathan Wierink and Tineke Beunders in Eindhoven, Netherlands (www.ontwerpduo.nl) and is just a concept at the moment but how cool would this be if it does ever make it to the shelf!


www.homerestyler.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment